Re: Secondary Voltages

Hi Mark,

250kV is pretty close.  The length of the arc is probably a bit more
dependant on the available power or current that is driving the arc.  Big
coils may hit say 500kV and really BIG coils around a million plus.  Very
rough numbers but not too far off.

Once a nice voltage is reached, the losses (streamer length) tends to
regulate the voltage so it stays near a certain level.  Volts per foot is
really not right but maybe volts to get it started and then power per foot...

If you say 250kV, no one will argue... ;-)

Cheers,

	Terry