Re: Ion Motors

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Hi:

I made an experiment with the idea of the "lightning pendulum"
described by Christopher Boden. It works.
I used just two hollow aluminum balls, one suspended from an insulated
support through a thin wire and another fixed on an insulating
base. Each ball connected to a terminal from a neon sign
transformer (the suspended ball through the wire).
It starts immediately with great energy.
The suspended ball is attracted to the fixed ball by electrostatic
forces, an arc appears between the balls, and the arc is stretched
as the suspended ball moves away from the fixed ball, reducing the
electrostatic force that would tend to keep it close to the fixed
ball. The heat of the arc appears also to give a strong push in the
suspended ball.
See:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/pendulum.jpg

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz