Re: Good Tesla Coil Cap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/11/01 8:09:29 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Along the lines of an earlier post, is this cap any good for tc use? please
> say
> yes.. as I already bought it.... It will be in a 9kv 120 ma system. (and
> hopefully a SRSG)
>
> <http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1611077340>http://c
> gi.ebay-dot-com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1611077340

CJ,

You're in luck. These are good Tesla coil caps , as they are
designed for very rapid discharge time, high discharge peak
currents, low ESR and very low inductance, all good qualities
for a Tesla coil capacitor. I'm not 100 % sure of the dielectric
material used in these, but I think it does have low losses to
RFs.

Happy Coilin,
David Rieben