Re: What to look for...

Hi All,

I second Godfrey's comment on scace winding if using non-insulated wire.
I'd recommend the coil be
wound via motor-wind if at all possible and that the form be millable (pvc,
poly, etc..) to mill in
threads for wire guidance. Otherwise, I suspect a turn to turn short is
highly probable. I've heard of
a few using fishing line between turns, but this must be a very slow task
to accomplish (similar to
handwinding a coil). If spacing is consistent, the form coating should be
sufficient and the coil
should work as good as one wound with coated wire. Spacing consistency is
the key to success in a coil
wound with bare wire.

Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>