Finally First Light

Original poster: "Stolz, Mark by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mark.Stolz-at-st-systems-dot-com>

Hi All!

I finally got first light on my first coil.  Here's the specs:

Primary Circuit
---------------------
15/60 NST
9.49 nf saltwater cap
~9.25 turns of 4AWG bare wire
RQ/TCBOR gap with 6 gaps ~.30"

Secondary
---------------
2.5" diameter
1170 turns of 31AWG
12" winding length
Two 8" pie pans for topload

Output is 12-13"

I know the output can improve and I know at least two areas that need
improvement.  The first being the cap.  It should be about 10nf so that's a
little low and it is a saltwater cap which means loss.

I also don't have a good ground right now, I'm clipped to a peice of copper
ribbon on the floor of the garage.

This was just the functional test before I build the cabinet to mount it all
in, but I was excited to share it with the list.

If y'all see anything I have obviously done wrong, please let me know.  If
you would like to see some initial pics, here is a link.
http://users2.ev1-dot-net/~nmyreality/tesla/tesla.html

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX