Re: Multiple Spark Gaps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Dennis,
That's the Scott D. design. I made one that is also in the 5 over 4
configuration.
I used 1.5 inch copper couplings and mounted them on G-10. You can blow air
thru them if you want, I don't think it is necessary at low power. By all
means do start with a very close spacing, say around 0.03. That's very close
but better safe than mournful. I would not make the gap much larger than say
0.06 - 0.07. I did make two modifications to Scott's original design. I added
two more 1/4 - 20 bolts to make three on a side. I think this helps
to get a better adjustment. And I was not about to try to machine parallel
furrows
in G-10. A single 8-32 screw with a lock washer holds the copper tubes solid.
The gap works great at 15/120.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman