Re: SA's latest issue

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "35045 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<free0076-at-flinders.edu.au>

> I vaguely remember Colorado Springs notes commenting about Tesla's ideas
> for sending energy via the Earth, and that what he didn't know is that the
> Earth's resonant frequency is around 6 Hz. In that case it wouldn't be too
> easy. We also live in a capitalist society that would prevent free energy
> transmission by any means necessary.
>
> Darren Freeman

1. Tesla DID have an idea of the earth's resonant frequencie(s).  His
estimates were pretty close, considering the date.

2. If you will read his patents you will find that he is talking about
operation at much higher frequencies.

3. His proposed mode of energy propagation appears to have been via
ionized upper atmosphere.  If you analyze the propagation of a spherical
transmission line with expected atmospheric conductivity you will find
almost infinite attenuation, not to mention the problems due to the very
high capacitances involved.

4. In spite of his 1915 predictions, "Hertzian" waves have survived and
his schemes have not, even though they are fairly simple to build.
Anyone is free to pursue them, and I believe a few fellows have reported
to this group on the results of their experiments.  Can't recall that
any of them have reported persecution or have vanished into thin air.

5. The problems with free energy transmission are not the political
system under which the design might be developed, but the way in which
mother nature operates.

Ed