Re: LTR Pig Project - Long Post!

Hi Shad,

Your system with the ballast you describe will have a resonant cap size of
110nF.  If you are using close to that value, perhaps the voltage got to
high with the rotary and blew the string.

Also, I am getting 70 - 130 amps RMS in your primary circuit (guessing
stuff).  so that would imply 20 to 37 strings of caps for the current.  I
ask you some stuff of list that will firm the numbers up but over voltage
and over current may be factors depending on exactly what you have there.

Obviously, we need to get this pinned down before you try your expensive caps!

Very cool stuff you are doing!!!

Cheer's

	Terry

At 11:12 PM 1/27/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
> Firstly, Yep, I'm serious.  The LTR pig project is sitting in my
>garage.
>
>Now, before you ask, "Why??!?", think about the "why not?", and
>let's put it in perspective.
>
>The general consensus I've recieved on polepig powered coils is to
>run a high breakrate, small capacitor, and crank the power to it.
>The problems I see in that...the high RMS current is murder on the
>caps.  The high power levels promote power-arcing on the RSG due to