Re: automotive alternators, three phase, RSG

Original poster: "Robin Copini by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <rcopini-at-merlin-dot-net.au>

Hi Duncan,

 Yes, truck alternators are 3 phase before all the diodes get to it, and
here is the good bit, the
leece-neville alts we run on our detroits produce almost -ALL- their power
at just above idle.....
i.e. 600 rpm!! They're rated at 180 amps/14v and the drive is almost 1:1 so
there is plenty of scope
for overdriving. These alternators should be almost throw-away in the USA
and the UK, the only
difference is that most European stuff is 24V.

Best Regards

 Robin.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>