Pig house

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>

>Tesla list wrote:
> >

> > Epoxy the seams? Or just for sealing? Welding stainless is s serious
>pain
> > (we have to use the spool gun), but it's nothing too hard, and simple
> > construction.
>
>Epoxy everything.  Shear or saw the plate, get a jig set up, have fun
>adhering.  I'd use square tube in the corners and make large lap joints
>between the plate and the tube.
>
>OTOH, if you've got someone around who is a whiz at welding, by all means,
>make the box that way. Watch those pinholes!  It's just that making boxes
>from plate is a tricky operation because of the thermal expansion problems
>from the welding heat.  It's hard to make it come out square. But that's
>what sledge hammers and hydraulic jacks are for..

lol, sounds like a fun time.....

I'm thinking of making a compromise of the two. We'll keep doing some head
scratching on this one and let you guys know how it comes out, we'll post to
the list before we start building it, for now, it lives in the can, much
like my dad.

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group