Power Coating Caution (was: RE: Pig Beautification and Craftsmanship)

Original poster: "Basura, Brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>

All,

With this talk of power coating I just wanted to interject a Safety Note.

Never attempt to power coat a pressure vessel. The baking process can and
has annealed tank materials. This can lead to tank rupture and has caused a
number of deaths and vicious mutilations. If you are even thinking about it
check out what happens when a tank explodes:

http://www.airsource-one-dot-com/bea1.jpg
http://www.airsource-one-dot-com/bea2.jpg
http://www.airsource-one-dot-com/bea5.jpg

Safety First (as Ted R. says).