Re: Carbon Tracking on secondary help.

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Simon,

Well, rewinding is totally up to you. When I had a short, I simply removed the
area of the short, reconnected via solder, and varnished up the area. I would
try something along these lines prior to rewinding a secondary. Be aware that
the secondary will look kind of shabby following. I think Sundog called it
correctly when he posted about mistuning being important. This was also the
reason my coil shorted a couple years ago. This is probably the biggest cause
of these situations.

Take care,
Bart