Cap in oil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Leik3-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi All!
Is there any advantage to submerging a cap in an airtight container of oil,
or would it work the same if it was just in a bucket covered with oil. I can
stick it in a pvc pipe container with the oil in it (thanks for the leads)
but my cap is about six inches in diameter and the end caps are about ten
bucks a piece and if I can get around spending the money, I will.
Thanks,
Dennis