Re: MOT life expectancy in a TC

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <f-hammer-at-post5.tele.dk>

Hi Jason!

That is an increadible achievement, 2 meters with only 2 mot`s.
Do you have a webpage, or could you describe your coil a bit more:
Primart/secondzary  inductance/capacitance

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

snip

> I use two MOTs for 4800 volts. No doubler, no level shifter, no chokes or
> protection. I have not had a single problem with these transformers while
> running up to 6 foot (2 meters) of spark.. They are still just as happy as
> when I put them in their oil bath several months ago. The capacitor on the
> other hand...

snip