From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 5:35 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 3Rd Light - UPDATE

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hi All.
I've just finished 3rd light testing, and well, you can basically ignore my
last posting.
Still getting queer results.

> I powered up, still got nothing. on a whim, I tapped the primary as far as
it could go. I induced some tiny corona to the earth pole I had setup about
1' away. Interested, I pulled apart the primary, and INCREASED the inner
diameter[ decreasing the coupling]. Powered up, and got the good ol' white
sparks [yeah], but only from about 4 inches away. [note- I also grafted some
more piping on the primary, but sparks were decreased if I tapped any
further from the afore mentioned spot]

Hmm. What the heck is going on? The first time I ran the coil, the primary
inner diameter was much greater [~2"] and tapped on turn 15 I think, and I
got 1 1/2' sparks [not white].

This is defying all of the calculations that you guys did... Have you got
any clues to what the hell is going on? Because I really want to get this
thingo going, and keep getting my appetite whet..

Should I increase the inner diameter, or decrease it.. or what?

Thanks, and take care,
 Simon
[[feel free to give me the answer in the form of "just tap the NST once and
it will be fine"]] :))