Re: Unpotting techniques...

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:21:29 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<acmnovak-at-email.msn-dot-com>

>Hello Everyone,
>I thought I'd take a moment and share with you some of the little secrets
>that I found make unpotting MUCH easier.
<snip>
Just a thought - I would have thought a nice safe way to get some
internal heat happenning for depotting would be to pass DC through the
primary - probably wouldn't  need a particularly high voltage as the
inductance would not be an issue (just watch out for that back-emf
kick when you disconnect - ouch!)