Re: better sync motor mods?

In a message dated 1/10/01 2:14:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> John/all,
>
>  I've modified a dozen plus motors and have never needed to cut all the way
>  through any of the current bars (BTW - Is current bars the correct term?).

Brian, all,

Maybe squirrel cage conductor bars, or squirrel cage conductors?
I couldn't think of a suitable name for them before, so I called them
current bars.... at least everyone knew what I meant    :)

BTW, I think the dead pole method can't be used on smaller motors
because there are often no dead poles.  The wires go though
all the slots.

Thanks for your other report on the phase shifter results.

John Freau