Re: Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>

> There has been a lot of traffic on "Chaotic" so here's my contribution:

Ok. Mine too:

> a. formula for transformer voltage and turns ratio not applicable to
> reactive loads
> b. VA in secondary =23.6, VA in primary = 1.98  at resonance
>
> Where do all those Volt Amperes in the secondary come from? Do we have a
> free lunch here?  No! definitely not. The computer tends to look at a steady
> state conditions and make calculations accordingly. Some software may even
> tell you that there is a Power Gain in a linear non-active circuit. Most
> software I think can recognize true power, apparent power, and reactive
> power differences, but resonance poses some problems.

A circuit analysis program will not even look at VA, resonance, etc. It
will just build a system of equations that takes everything into
account,
in a way that is totally impractical for humans to use (;-)) and
calculate
the voltages and currents that the user specifies. Specially in the case
of purely linear circuits, as the circuits are in this case, it's very
unlikely that grossly incorrect results can result.
So, the -interpretation- of the results is that is strange.
Physics doesn't forbid power gain in limited time intervals. You see
this
every time when you use a hammer (or a Tesla coil). What is strictly
forbidden is permanent energy gain. If there is some flaw in physics,
it's surely not in the theory of linear circuits. This is not even
physics, but just mathematics. -Models-, simplifications where actual
devices are described by the simplest possible mathematical
descriptions.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz