Re: Grid R/C pulsing of a CW VTTC

In a message dated 2/27/01 9:47:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I think there may be some problems with using the 556 timer SCR cathode
>  lifter with DC mode, as there is no 0 crossing, maybe some other problems?
>  Sputter mode with DC to the plates was pretty stable, but did show some

David,

I don't think the SCR cathode lifter will work at all in the DC mode,
because the SCR needs to have it's anode voltage removed to let
the SCR shut off.  That's an interesting method you used for
the sputter mode (grid blocking), with a DC coil.  I only used it with
AC.

John Freau