Re: Preventing a REALLY expensive mistake.

Original poster: "Aleks Nowak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Aleks-at-sn2.co.uk>

> > Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> >

> > Cool, that's what I thought we'd end up doing.
> right, use smaller dry transformers fed from the 480 at the points of
> need. might have to build or dedicate some vaults or have some tray
> along some of the exterior, ceilings?
>

> > >use this for all rf grounding.
> > >

> > That was the plan. But will it WORK? Are there any special things we
should
> > know? Do they have to be wired in a specific way? (Star-vs-ring, etc)
>
> i kind of liked mike n.'s suggestion of vertical plate in the earth.

Dude, that was my suggestion (Aleks Nowak G-5 #0003)

> > >faraday type shielding of the room, conductive paint on the walls
> > >sprayed over grounding buss along floors, grounded to rf ground points.
> > >

> > CONDUCTIVE PAINT???!!!!! HA!, I hadn't even THOUGHT of that! :)
> > Where do I get it and what does it cost? What colors are availible?
> > How to you make an electrical connection to it? (Doors, Walls, etc)
> > What teh surface resistance? IS this something that would be good for
static
> > suppression in the computer lab floors?
>
> actual retail conductive paint is expensive, but as in the post to
> mike's comments, there are cheaper alternatives.

There are? (I seem to have missed the response to my earlier comments)

Cheers Marc

Aleks Nowak
Geek Group Member #3 G-5
V.P. of UK Operations/Web Development