Re: Measuring secondary resonant frequency

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Duncan, all,
I think you may have introduced the Duncan Uncertainty Principle to the Tesla
list.
I had some loosely coupled thoughts while taking measurements on my bipolar.
While we rely on the classical equations ala Terman, et al. How much do we
understand
about what is happening in the strong and varying e-field and ionizations of
a working Tesla coil? What would James Clerk Maxwell say about it?
My small bipolar completely wipes out the broadcast band. Where is Fo? We
refer to the
"broad sidebands" but this is not a CW oscillator. What is really happening?
Back in the days when the FCC
was doing what it originally was supposed to do, disruptive coils were
outlawed.
As a consequence it may well be that we never did derive a correct
mathematical
model for a working disruptive coil.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman