RSG sweet-spot

Original poster: "Chris Dobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cdobson-at-microtech-dot-com.au>

G'day List,

Could somebody please tell me a simple way to set a SRSG to its "sweet spot"
apart from repeated trial and error, rotating motor cradle etc.?
Also, I have ground flats (4) on the rotor of the motor, but when I tested it,
it throbbed with a kind of beat frequency. The strange thing was that when I
lifted the motor and gave it a jerk, it ran smoothly - - - what's going on
here?

Thanx for any info

Regards

Chris