SV: NST resonance

Original poster: "Jan Ohlsson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jan.ohlsson-at-mbox319.swipnet.se>

> Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>
> I thought maximum current was drawn at resonance because the capacitive
> reactance cancels the inductive reactance of the NST shunts.  Therefore I
> would expect you to see an impedance minima at resonance ???

Yes, I was also a bit puzzled at first. I think it must be because there
are no resistive loads at all at the secondary in my setup. That means I am
only measuring the internal losses of the transformer (with a capacitive
load that does not draw any real power). If the impedance peaks at the
primary, the transformer losses are lower than at other frequencies, which
is what the guys who designs for a resonant charging condition strives for.

Jan