Re: Getting zapped by my unpowered Secondary

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<ka1bbg1-at-mcttelecom-dot-com>

> Hi, another reason which has been on the net before,is whenever you start
> putting layers of materials together you form an electrostatic junction.
> when these layers are exposed to static voltages they tend to collect
> charges.

This is new physics for me... When you put different materials in
contact,
in most cases some electric charge migrates from one material to the
other. In the case of insulating materials, these charges don't go away
easily, and cause intense electric fields - if the materials are pulley
away -. External fields are not necessary.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz