Re: Terry's Tesla Coil Tuner

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Terry,

Very nice project - simple but it should be quite effective!

I would suggest a couple of minor revisions to the test procedure to
improve accuracy of tuning:

1. The secondary measurement should be done with the secondary in
position and centered within the primary. The primary should be
disconnected from the rest of the system, and ONE end tied to ground.
This will give you Fo of the secondary in-situ.

2. Primary Fo must be measured with the secondary FAR away from the
primary (10 feet is good... :^)) to make sure there's no coupling
between the two. Otherwise you may get confusing measurements. Adjust
the primary inductance so that Fo matches that of the secondary (above).

Great job, Terry!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman