RE: A few quick questions....

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

As far as having a lot of metal near the primary, I found I got a good
improvement by depotting the NST and putting it into a non-metal container
in common drugstore mineral oil. Taking away the metal case gives you much
more distance. The case is usually 6.5 inches high and the transformer
itself was only three inches or so high and the core only stood off the
bottom about an inch so that did make a great difference without having to
increase the distance from the NST to the primary.