RE: Synchronous motor question

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi

I was successful in modifying one of the motors you are talking about to run
in sync. I milled two flats in it, a little at a time till it would lock up.
It did not have enough torque to be of any use though. It only had a 1/2"
stack though. If you have a motor with at least a 1" stack, and better still
an 1 1/4 " stack, it should be able to turn a 3" by 1/8" thick disk made
from PC board material OK.

BTW the stack thickness refers to the thickness of the laminations. The
thicker the stack of laminations, the more power the motor has.

later
deano