From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 9:50 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 240V arc welder ballast settings

Original poster: "J Whyte by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<xoom321-at-hotmail-dot-com>

(....this is slightly off topic---> but rather important)

I am planning on using an arc welder for my next huge power supply. However,
I am curious about typical arc welder output volts on a 240V AC welder.

I am curious if AC arc welder voltage output stay the same as the input
voltage/ and amperage is the only thing being regulated or changed??

Has anyone ever measured the output voltage of an arc welder with a
multimeter??
(I am looking for 130-170 VAC output to my large transformer bank)

I have a series of 3 (4500 VAC 450 mA) photocopier transformers, and I
really don't want to destroy them!!

_