Re: MOT DC TC

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Thanks for the vote of confidence. However, I can't
take credit for the dual MOT power supply design, as
I, uh, "borrowed" it from Finnish engineer & coiler
Marco Denicolai. My only contribution was to adapt it
to US wallplug current, and to try it unballasted. The
power output is pretty amazing for just a couple of
MOTs--darn near "pole pig" power. If you plan to
emulate it, I suggest you use beefier output
resistors, as my 55W ceramic wirewounds were barely
adequate. I suggest 100W resistors from Mouser
Electronics. Better yet, check out the even more
efficient choke output design on Richie Burnett's
site:

http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/dcreschg.html

I think two MOTs feeding a full-wave doubler/filter,
with iron core choke output (two extra MOTs should do)
would make an even better PSU. See:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg/schematic.gif

to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Merry Christmas

Greg