Re: MOT charging reactor PS

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Steve and Wells,

Great ideas! Wells, your approach should work quite well for an inductor
made from two secondaries as long as the inner-most end of each winding
was connected to the core, the windings were phased so that the fluxes
added, and the entire core was "floated" above ground with standoff
insulators.

Another option (better) would be to take the secondary windings off
transformers having a larger core area, and then mount these onto
smaller sized cores. The space between the larger secondary windings and
the smaller core could then be supplemented with layers of Mylar or
polyethylene sheet material to increase the degree of HV insulation
between the windings and the core. This should then allow you to safely
stack more than two secondaries in series. Adding small air gaps in the
magnetic path then completes the setup! If the individual windings are
already impregnated, oil immersion may not even be necessary.

Best regards,

-- Bert --

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>

--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering