Giant pie tin topload

Original poster: "chris carsten by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ctom-at-toast-dot-net>

This may be of interest to someone looking for an alternate topload. While
shopping at a local lawn/ garden/ hardware place I found these water heater
drain pans that must go under the unit to collect leaking water. They are
made by a company called Camco, they are 26" in diameter and about 2 1/2"
high. they cost about $15 each and are made of stamped aluminum. I thought
that 2 of them together would make a nice improvised topload for a decent
price.
Unfortunately they have a 1" hole in the side wall for a hose fitting. Has
anyone
seen/ used these? I am tempted to try them sometime but thought that I would
share my "find" with the list.
Chris