Electrosurgery unit conversion to VTTC

Original poster: "Dwight Crider by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dwight.crider-at-RegulusGroup-dot-com>

To Chip and all the list members,
I have thoroughly enjoyed the wealth of knowledge and information on your
site and certainly wish to revive what I began at age 13 with the simplest
open NST with single spark gap and door knob caps with a 1" by 6"
secondary.I have recently acquired a vintage electro surgery unit powered by
large
twin tubes that I cannot yet identify. The setup with heavy transformers,
chokes
and capacitors seems almost made to order for conversion to a VTTC. The
power controls appear to vary secondary coil axis, hence coupling. I would
be interested if anyone else has any experience or insight in this
direction.

  Dwight Crider-Birmingham, AL
  d.crider-at-att-dot-net