From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 8:58 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: RQ gap spacing theory question

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Ted -

I assume you were using copper tubing as electrodes? Yes, good point. Copper
tubing can build up black areas of carbon. This is probably not a good idea
for
multigaps using copper tubing as electrodes. I once built a rotating pipe
gap.
It worked, but perormance was poor and about a 1/2" area on each pipe would
develop that thick black carbon. After that gap and a flat multi-pipe gap, I
stopped using piping for electrodes altogether. I just never had good
performance with it.

--
Barton B. Anderson
<http://www.classictesla-dot-com>http://www.classictesla-dot-com

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"