Re: Stuff for Christmas

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi Patrick

One thing that is always useful to have to hand is an old-fashioned
analogue multimeter - I think that a coil could FRY a DMM left in too
close proximity...  I tend to use a decent DMM for testing low voltages
and passive stuff (L, C, R) and an analogue for "when things might go
wrong".  If you could get a decent pre-owned Avo, ah, that would be
talking...

One of my favourite pieces of test equipment is an old Megger - not only
is it good for testing insulation, but it has a bridge function for the
accurate measurement of resistance down to fractions of an Ohm.

Cheers

Matthew Smith

> >Original poster: "Patrick Leonard by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"