Re: Bart's Coil

Hi Malcolm -

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>
>
> So the test frequency was in fact different from the secondary's self-
> resonant frequency? In that case, no relationship can exist can it?

Yep, frequency's were different, and in my mind, there is no relationship
between the two.

> Whatever method is chosen to measure k, k must always come out
> to be the same value as long as the test method is valid since k is
> purely a function of pri-sec proximities.
>
> Regards,
> Malcolm

That's how I see it! The inductive affect on two or more coils in proximity to
one another affects several parameters to some degree, but it doesn't mean the
affected parameters are directly related to one another. It does mean that each
parameter that changed can be measured and mutual inductance can be found (and
K or Lm should all be the same).

Take care,
Bart
--