RE: Terry's trigger circuit Q's

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Jonathan, Terry, all:
As you know, I am also going to be using the Metlicka Trigger Gap.
I am expecting some new caps to change from a .0117µF slightly LTR to a
solid .028µF LTR. But the news is that I have been discussing this further
with Marc.
Marc suggests (with all due respect to the efforts and operation that Terry
has accomplished) that the two 225W resistors are not required IF some other
changes are made.

1. the diac inside the Lutron Fan control is replaced with an external triac
that is 20A.
2. the two resistors are swapped for a total value of 3-4 ohms, 20 watts
3. the cap in series becomes .1µF at 230V, a radioShack item I might add.

I bought two of the Ohmite resistors and I'll probably use them as Wind
Chimes.

Now this arrangement I don't think has been published to the list and if I
am jumping the gun, Marc, I apologize. But I am alerting Jonathan and others
because it sounds like the configuration can be much simpler.
And Terry, don't take this revelation the wrong way. It's just that I need
to have this operational and solid in 1 to 1.5 weeks deadline to allow for
testing and installation. Also there is the North Texas Teslathon on Sept
22.

So, I am proceeding with the very valuable assistance of Terry and Mark and
I hope to have a fully functional coil in short order.

More to come for sure.

Safety First

Ted