Re: Faraday cage

Original poster: "michael.tucknott by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <michael.tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

Hi guys  (((Big snip-o-la to keep Terry F happy )))
Thanks for the help and advice on the Faraday cage.
I`v built a separate earth connection on one of the legs, separate from the
coil RF
ground.
As for touching the wire from the inside, here's my 2 cents.
With "skin effect" the current flows over the outside surface of the
conductor so with
the
close spacing of the mesh, I'm thinking that the cage will look like one
very large
conductor.
When we can test the cage, Ill try out my theory and get back to the list
to let you all
know
the out come....

Cheers Mike Tucknott