Re: NST protection

In a message dated 8/16/01 6:47:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Is there a simple rule of thumb to determine the value/type of fuses needed
>  for NSTs?
>  I'm running 15/30s but thought a general rule would be useful for all.
>

>  Rick williams

Rick,

I'm not sure what type of fuse is best, but one must take
into consideration that an NST can draw a wide range of
currents depending on; input voltage, type of spark gap
(bps, phasing, gap spacing, etc), capacitor value, and
PFC.  I've seen 15/30's draw only 500VA, and I've seen
them draw 1500VA, depending on the factors I've
mentioned.

John Freau