Vacuum Gap

Original poster: "Danny Stone by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dansto-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Is there any significant improvement is performance in placing the the
spark gap in a vacuum?
I have a vacuum pump, and I was thinking of putting the SRSG in an airtight
enclosure and sucking out the air. It would be easy enough to do, but I'm
wondering if it would serve any practical purpose besides giving me the
chance to put the unused pump to work...