Re: Core material sources

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Popeye Mcgulligan by way of Terry
> Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m_popeye-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Thanks. I didn't realize that was a proprietary
> alloy. I guess I don't
> specifically need that one; I'm just trying to get
> the most permeable core I
> can.
Be sure to also note in your application the
saturation values of this most permeable material you
are looking for. This essentially relates to the power
level sought in applications. The permalloy I have
read is used in tape player heads, involving miniscule
amounts of amperage in that application. I do not
think you can simply scale a model up and expect it to
perform at higher amperage levels, thats where the
saturation factor becomes apparent and probably shows
the bad side of the coin regarding those high
permeability materials. Also often overlooked in
permeance considerations is the air gap, or flux
leakage. If this is large the acting permeance of the
circuit is  seemingly exponentially decreased. In fact
the introduction of strontium ferrite into the core
volume of a typical multiwound coil will only increase
that inductance 50%. HDN

=====
Binary Resonant System  http://members3.boardhost-dot-com/teslafy/