Re: MMC question

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <broker-at-uwplatt.edu>

Michael and all MMC-builders;

The Geek Group now has an MMC design chart
(http://thegeekgroup-dot-org/Sales/MMCsales.html).  Due to the benefits of LTR
caps, we don't recommend using the "resonant value" caps.  Also, the .15uF
caps are just
too darn big to cost-effectively build most of the resonant values (a
single string of 28 caps for a 60Hz resonant 15/30 cap!).  You should note
that the SRSG LTR values work out *extremely* nice for both 50Hz and
60Hz :-)

One string of 10 caps will be pretty close to "ideal" for a static gap
coil.  The "LTR" prevents the resonant-rise condition, and also allows for
a greater bang size.  If you make a 120BPS SRSG, the two strings of 10 caps
will be just about the max.

Mark Broker
The Geek Group's Chief Engineer

8/10/01 4:44:01 PM, Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

>Original poster: "Michael Rothberg by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fishboymichael-at-telocity-dot-com>