Electrode Tips

Hi All,

I just thought I would mention a few ideas from off list for
tungsten/carbide electrode tips.

Marc says there are "non-indexing carbide round inserts" I think machinists
use.  Available form 1/4 to 1 inch and about 1/16 thick.  They may be
perfect to braze onto the copper water jacket.

Also, Robert mentions that:

After you have tinned the tungsten with silver solder using "{wonder flux
paste" from the local welding shop you can easy soft solder them to
copper.silver bearing soft solder conducts heat well and bonds best.

That may mean that one does not have to copper plate the disks to solder
them.  It would be hard to braze the disks onto premade copper pipe
assemblies without melting everything down.  Lead/tin solder would be fine
but its just a matter of getting lead/tin to stick to the tungsten carbide.

Of course, Mike's copper plating sounds like it works great too.  Mike
makes it sound easy ;-)

I think copper sulfate is used for home/garden stuff.  Maybe ponds?  I have
no idea were to get sulfuric acid.  We have fuming sulfuric at work but
that is darn nasty stuff.  I don't know if there is an easy source for it
or a substitute?

Cheers,

	Terry