From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: "I want bigger sparks!" (me too)

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

*Snip*
If anyone else does better on a coil that is only 12" high I'ld like to know
how also!!!

It is suprising that you guys only get 12" sparks with 12 and 15 kv NSTs
while I get that with 9kv. I've been putting off trying larger NSTs because
I've been expecting to then have to build a long rod to remotely tune my
SG spacing 'cause I like to do this while the TC is running.

I've seen my sparks go from ~6" on 6-30 NST, 8~9" on 7.5-30 NST, to 10~12"
on 9-30 NST, so I expect the trend to continue, but perhaps as your
experience
shows it might level off instead.

-Peter Lawrence.

(ps, since I burned out my 7.5-30 NST I ALWAYS use a safety gap, and my
spark
length measurments are based on having a safety gap set appropriately for
the
NST voltage).