Re: To cut or not to cut

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

> Hi Jim...
>
> dont cut     run them in paralell    if you cut them they may "spring"
> apart...  the inner metal
> strapping is wound very tightly and cutting them could very well produce a
> mess.
>
> Scot D

Hi Again...

after thinking a bit and reading the other posts....     paralell the
variacs and consider a large
inductor...

design the inductor to handle the maximum amount of current you need to go
thru the system and use
the variac to control the voltage/amperage to the coil

something I'm still trying to understand ( maybe the rest of the tesla
Gurus can help here) why do we
need to have a max voltage and controlled amperage? What does this produce?
What difference does 240V
in to a variac ( 280Vout) into an inductor that limits the current to 10 A
differ from 140V and 20A
supply??? )
the coil still sees 2800 watts approximatley..........

Scot D