Mystery Transformer

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Dear List,

I have a big, fat, E I type transformer I'm hoping you
can help me identify. It is labeled: "RANDTRONICS
143A00379" and "SDS MAGNETICS".  The dimensions are
7.5"W, 6.25"H, and 3.5"D.  The core windows are about
1.25"W x 3.25"H.  The center leg is about 2.5" x 3.5".
 It has eight, screw-type terminals, four to a side.
The terminals on one side are labeled X1 thru X4, and
on the other side they are labeled H1 thru H4.  The
thing is painted gloss black.  It appears to be held
together by a bolt thru each corner--perhaps it can be
disassembled?  Does anybody know what I've got?  My
first thought was that I would use the core to wind a
HV transformer, but I'm afraid the windows are too
narrow for that.  Comments anyone?

Best Regards,

Greg