Sync Motor :-) Update_4 Notice the Smiley Face?!?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

OK, Now I've REALLY made an -at-$$ out of myself. But I will make up for it at
the end.

I was still in awe about how my dang motor wouldn't work... I saw terry's
pictures on hot-streamer of the disk he used on his sync motor. So I got on
the computer and Made a disk very similar. Taped it on, and took it into the
bathroom (the only room in our house with no windows) which happens to have
fluorescent lighting. I plugged it in, and immediately saw the four distinct
shadows. Turned it off then on and it stayed in the same position. It worked
the same with the other light I was using. Now I feel really stupid.
The good side? I know the problem. The half black, half white disk doesn't
work. So I will upload the picture of this perfect disk to

hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon/motors/RSGdisk.jpg

as soon as hot-streamer-dot-com recovers*.

I hope we all learned a lesson, that those half, B&W disks do not work well
for inexperienced "sync'rs" who may have trouble with them.

The other good side is, that Terry won't have to pay to ship it there and
back, or screw with it at all.

My story sounds a lot like that other person, Josh is it?
We both had the same problem. :-D

I want to thank you all for putting up with me, and my dumbness. And
hopefully I wont get razzed to bad.

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon

PS, I checked it again with the RPM meter, and it still said 1725 RPM, so
that's the last time I trust that son of a gun....

*hot-streamer is loosing a hard drive so it may be down for a day or so while I
fix it. - Terry