Field Distortion and Triggered Gaps

Hi All,

Within a week or so, the circuits to reliably deliver a say 20kV pulse to a
trigger electrode synced to the ac line with wide phase angle control will
be available (maybe not "perfected", but basically all there...)

So you all might start thinking about how to make a triggered gap that
stays cool, is low loss, lasts along time... that is based on high voltage
trigger electrodes of some sort or another.  I have noted that there are a
number of pretty "different" ideas running around already :-)))  An area
wide open for study...

"I" think one should have isolation caps close to the trigger electrodes to
prevent stray capacitance from tending to mess things up (and to isolate
the "stuff" from the primary cap energy).  It is interesting to note that
you could probably have a lager number of isolation caps fired from the
same primary source to distribute the trigger charge "around"...

HV Pulse Souuce

-------------------------------------
O      O      O      O       O      O

BTW - Are we seeing the sync rotary gap go the way of the oil filled poly
cap =:O

Cheers,

	Terry