Posting Files

Hi Steve,

At 11:18 PM 8/3/2001 -0600, you wrote:

>Terry - please repeat how we can send files to you for posting, how they
>should be named, what formats you can accept, etc.  How long do they stay
>posted?
>--Steve

If you send a file as an E-mail attachment to:

terry-at-hot-streamer-dot-com

it will be automatically (with 15 minutes) up loaded to the directory:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/

you can then point to it there so everyone else can find it.  Posts are
virus scanned and I know who sent them ;-)

They can be named anything but try not to use spaces or funny punctuation
since the funny "20%" and other odd things spaces in files names translate
to for web addresses gets confusing.  Best not to use a file name that
already exists or it gets slightly renamed by the server.

Any file type can be uploaded as long as it is compatible with Windows NT
long file names.

Files will stay posted for a few months and then eventually get put into a
subfolder like "http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2001-02/" which has February's
files in it.  This keeps the number of files in the top directory
reasonable.  If you can't find an old file, it has probably been put into
that month's subfolder.

Of course, files can be put up anywhere on the web too, but this gives
those that don't have websites a way to post files too.

Cheers,

	Terry