homemade hv probe

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <PsychoticMinds1-at-aol-dot-com>

      Hi all

            Ok i needed a way to see the voltage spikes im my tank system
so i wraped about 250 turns of 28 awg wire around a pvc pipe and hooked it up
to my osiliscope  and ran one hv cable threw the pvc pipe.  It works but the
only problem is that i dont know that the ratio would be like i was running
2000 volts on my first test and it ran great can anyone maybe help me figure
out how much my little cheap probe like thing will bring the voltage down so
that i am able to measure the voltage in the hv part through the volvolatge
part?