RE: Explain 3 Phase

Original poster: "Tuite, Tom by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <TTuite-at-ALLEGROMICRO-dot-com>

Ack, I am afraid I lost some of the replies to this post so forgive me if I
re-cover some ground.  I believe the power companies transmit their power
(in the pre-house power lines) in three phase, which is where that is coming
from.  It is correct that the wall sockets in most homes are +-120 V or two
120 volt signals 180 degrees out of phase, how ever you want to call it (
don't make me break out vectors of the imaginary/real planes :P ).  Anyway,
if you need three phase I know some easy ways of obtaining this from wall
sockets so let me know :)

Tom T.